What Is The Dublin Agreement On Asylum

A.S/D.M.: If you live in Italy, you must apply for a German visa and a work permit (normally issued only for skilled jobs). If you come to Germany without a visa, you will not receive a work permit. You should discuss with a lawyer or counselling centre what to do next, and if you wish to apply for asylum. EU Member States grant long-term resident status to third-country nationals who have been legally and permanently on their territory for five years immediately prior to filing the application. These long-term residents can move freely within the EU. Will you be sent back to Italy if you take your fingerprints there and apply for asylum in another EU country? What happens if you are deported to Dublin but refuse? We put these ansais and more to a number of experts, including the German lawyer Albert Sommerfeld. About the authors: Melissa Macdonald is assistant scientist and principal investigator Hannah Wilkins in the House of Commons. They specialize in research on immigration and asylum. The provisions relating to the unity of the family and the best interests of the child are priority considerations that may lead to the State responsible for reviewing the asylum claim being the state in which family members or relatives of an asylum seeker are legally present or reside within the meaning of The Dublin III Regulation (depending on the circumstances). This overview explains the Dublin III Regulation, how it is used by the UK and what can happen after Brexit.

Fingerprints are included in the Eurodac database, which allows Member States to determine whether an asylum seeker has registered in another Member State and could therefore be transferred. The database was created in 2003 as part of the Dublin system and has expanded since then; the current regulation allows Europol to access the data in certain circumstances. The Dublin III Regulation defines the Member State responsible for determining an asylum claim using a hierarchy of criteria. These include the family unit, possession of residence documents or visas, irregular entry or residence and visa exemption.

Comments are closed.